Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Goodbye, Winter . . .

One more beautiful camellia, Nuccio's Gem.
Hello Spring!!! We found some yellow jessamine in the yard this past weekend, the azaleas are blooming, and we've had a few beautiful days with highs in the 80's.

I am more convinced than ever, how "down" I get in the winter. A few days of warm weather and sunshine, and I feel like new. More energy. . . it sure is great. Such weird things get me excited . . . like seeing new growth on the ferns and the plumbago that I thought had been killed by the cold weather.

I had a great day - very relaxing and very productive. First, I had a follow-up with the orthopedist. My fibula has healed and I can gradually resume activities. (Thanks once again to all who helped me out over the last 2 months . . . I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful family members and friends!)

I ran a few errands, then spent a few hours relaxing on the dock, enjoying the sun, watching the porpoises, and reading/knitting. After getting in the proper frame of mind, I came in to work on a sewing project that I have put off for months. I am making a bedskirt and pillow shams for the blue bedroom. The fabric is a floral with some blue flowers on a cream background.

The bedskirt is done, I will wait and post pictures after the pillows are done.

Hello Spring!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Seawell Photography said...

Told you the plumbago would come back!