Friday, March 27, 2009

Blue Bedroom

Finally, I find time to write this post on the blue bedroom project. The goal was to make a bedskirt and two Euro-shams to add some interest to this otherwise boring bed.
Ashley found this fabric for me. It is made by Braemore textiles. I haven't been able to find the name of this pattern.
I made the gathered bedskirt in 3 panels and used bedskirt pins to attach the panels to the top of the boxspring. I have found this to be very easy and provides flexibility so that the length doesn't have to be "exact".
Look at this mess!
The Euro-shams are 26" sqares with 4" ruffle and basic cording. Here I am attaching the cording to the top side of the pillow.
One good turn deserves another. So now I'm looking for just the right artwork for the wall above the headboard. And . . . thinking that a duvet would be nice. However, I still think this is a good start to putting this room together.
Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Ashley Seawell Photography said...

It looks great! My suggestion: cream duvet at foot of bed, botanical prints over headboard