Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Knitting

We had a nice visit in Aiken this weekend with Ashley and David. Their home renovation is coming along. We could see big changes since our last visit! The drive gave me a chance to get back to work on the Christmas stocking. It is almost finished! This has been a big learning project for someone who has not worked with intarsia or made a sock. I know there is room to improve on my technique, but I'm pretty well pleased so far. I have "turned the heel" and we're coming down on the toe. Not many rows left . . .
Ashley took me to the LYS : Barbara Sue Brodie's Needleworks in downtown Aiken, S. C.
I really liked the shop and the ladies were VERY helpful. All the yarns are arranged according to color. I had not been in a shop arranged this way . . . what a beautiful rainbow of colors and fiber!
I could have spent hours in there. They were getting close to closing time, but did not rush us at all. There were so many great options for a new project. . . we found this luscious light mint green yarn by Classic Elite : Premiere. It is 50/50 Pima Cotton and Tensel. I have plans for a lacy blanket. More to come on that!
This shop also has an abundance of needlepoint canvas and fiber. What a find!

No comments: