Monday, July 26, 2010

Lace Tea Towel

Before . . .

Blocking once again makes a huge impression on me! This is the linen tea towel that I've been working on for a few months. It is not perfect, but I do like the way the linen worked up. It softened and, of course, looked totally transformed after the blocking.

After . . .
I have duplicate stitched a monogram on the lower panel , but not  happy with the results so far. Will post picture once that issue is resolved. Details on yarn, etc. can be found at my ravelry project page.


Once again the festivities of the Beaufort Water Festival arrived. Philip, Jr. brought several friends to share the weekend and we had fun spending some time with them at the river.


Crabs on the dock . . .

Still smilin' . . . after a long day on the river

                                                   Time to clean it up . . .

We're already lookin' forward to next year's gathering!!                                

Friday, July 16, 2010

Project Update

Fourth of July

It's never too late to celebrate Independance Day!! We had a beautiful day to celebrate with family and friends. There was plenty of barbecue and all the trimmings. Then the fireworks gave us a thrill! Our precious freedom should not be taken lightly (or taken for granted)!! I am so thankful for those who sacrificed for the freedoms that we enjoy everyday!

So what have I been doing in all my spare time??  I finally got to this cute (and quick!) sundress project. It still needs ribbon trim around the hem.

Ashley had requested two pillow shams some time ago. I am really pleased with how these turned out. She had chosen the fabric. . . and once we decided what  to center, they were pretty simple. The measuring and cutting was the most difficult part. I can't wait to see them in the bedroom she is decorating!

There has been a long-time, ongoing project of the "linen tea towel" with linen yarn and pattern from Barbara Sue Brodie's in Aiken, SC. The towel is not extremely impressive at this point, but I can't wait to see how it changes with blocking. You can see I have begun working on the lace edging for the towel. I think I will sew it on and then block it all at one time. The lace is really nice and will add a lot to this project. Knitting the lace has been a little challenging. There is a p4tog (purl 4 together) component that is a little hairy. We will get it done !

Last, but not least, I have cast on a new project . . . Citron by Hillary Smith Callis. This was a Knitty project in Winter 2009. There are many beautiful examples of this on Ravelry. I chose a brightly colored yarn from Creatively Dyed Yarn - Steele in the colorway Vallejo. It is 100% superwash merino and comes from a local artisan in Greer, S. C.

It will be fun to watch this one grow!! Have a happy weekend!!