Friday, July 16, 2010

Project Update

Fourth of July


It's never too late to celebrate Independance Day!! We had a beautiful day to celebrate with family and friends. There was plenty of barbecue and all the trimmings. Then the fireworks gave us a thrill! Our precious freedom should not be taken lightly (or taken for granted)!! I am so thankful for those who sacrificed for the freedoms that we enjoy everyday!



So what have I been doing in all my spare time??  I finally got to this cute (and quick!) sundress project. It still needs ribbon trim around the hem.



Ashley had requested two pillow shams some time ago. I am really pleased with how these turned out. She had chosen the fabric. . . and once we decided what  to center, they were pretty simple. The measuring and cutting was the most difficult part. I can't wait to see them in the bedroom she is decorating!





There has been a long-time, ongoing project of the "linen tea towel" with linen yarn and pattern from Barbara Sue Brodie's in Aiken, SC. The towel is not extremely impressive at this point, but I can't wait to see how it changes with blocking. You can see I have begun working on the lace edging for the towel. I think I will sew it on and then block it all at one time. The lace is really nice and will add a lot to this project. Knitting the lace has been a little challenging. There is a p4tog (purl 4 together) component that is a little hairy. We will get it done !






Last, but not least, I have cast on a new project . . . Citron by Hillary Smith Callis. This was a Knitty project in Winter 2009. There are many beautiful examples of this on Ravelry. I chose a brightly colored yarn from Creatively Dyed Yarn - Steele in the colorway Vallejo. It is 100% superwash merino and comes from a local artisan in Greer, S. C.



It will be fun to watch this one grow!! Have a happy weekend!!

No comments: