Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Interruption

Well, one never knows what's in store from one day 'til the next. Little did I know last Wednesday morning that within the week I would be sporting footwear reminiscent of Herman Munster's weighty boots. (Remember the TV show?) Thankfully, the boot is only on the right foot due to a graceful fall last Wednesday. My right fibula is broken and will take about 4-6 weeks to heal. In the meantime, I am temporarily confined to the couch. I plan to get back to work next week for some short days. I am frustrated to have this unexpected "vacation" but it has been really been comforting to have so many wonderful friends and family members come to my aid. Many thanks to you all for helping me get through this little challenge. The extra "down time" has given me a little chance to enjoy some knitting. The infamous Hemlock Ring Blanket is within 3 rows of being finished. I'm anxious to work on some other projects and , as always, can't wait to cast on something new during this healing process. I will get some pictures posted soon.

No comments: