Thursday, October 16, 2008

High Tide and Full Moon

"He hath made everything beautiful in His time." Ecclesiastes We're having a full moon this week, so we get to enjoy some unusually high tides. The river is always beautiful, but these spring tides with water up in the marsh are my favorite site. We welcomed two new baby camellias to the river yesterday. These plants are a new hybrid called Dancing Flame. Philip is anxious to get them planted and watch them grow.

I did get in a little sewing/knitting time yesterday and after many, many months finally finished the lace and ruffle sweater (Adrienne Vittadini, spring 2005). Yarn is Diana, also by A. Vittadini. I was very frustrated before adding the ruffle, and ready to quit because it had NO shape. The ruffle helped a lot to provide a little structure, but it is still pretty "drapey". Once I get it blocked properly, we'll get another picture.

Well, a very "full" day ended with a "full" moon rising over the Chechessee. Here I am with my friend Teri enjoying a little boat cruise as the sun sets and the moon "rises".

"Goodnight Moon."

No comments: