Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chechessee Sunrise

"The morning hour has gold in its mouth." German proverb

I thought the best way to post my first entry would be to include a picture of the Chechessee River at sunrise. Part of what I have to share is the pure beauty of the place where we are so lucky to call home.

Thanks so much to Ashley for helping me launch this blog. This is a very new challenge for little pix, but I'm excited about this journal and sharing what is special to me!

It is "wonderful Wednesday"!! (usually my day off) so I'm looking forward to running errands and catching up around the house. If I'm lucky, I'll have time to work on finishing a sweater that I've been knitting for quite some time -like 2 years!! I hate to admit that, but then I don't get much time to devote to this hobby. Also, I have to admit that there are quite a few co-existing projects.

The blue wrap posted by Ashley is 3button wrap by Keely Stuever. Took me all summer, but it is very easy knitting for a nice addition to the wardrobe. The yarn is from Aruacania in a beautiful blue-purple colorway.

More later!!!

2 comments:

Lillian Thomas said...

I felt my blood pressure go down just looking at that beautiful picture! Thanks for the sweet comment, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
Hugs,
Lillian

Anonymous said...

First of all, the wrap is lovely as is all of your projects.....the baby sweater, baby blankets, the sweater/shawl, and the white, ruffly sweater that is in the finishing stage!! And as for the "Chechessee Sunrise"--beautiful-- and I'm so very happy that you and Plilip are back in the LowCountry -- close to family and friends. Love and Hugs to you both, Aunt Cathy