Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's a Wrap

One skein of Noro Sock Yarn has evolved into this lovely lacy wrap.
The pattern is One Skein - a Stole by Katja Jordan. I used colorway S184 which is bright pinks, oranges, and peacock blue.













I am always amazed at how fibers transition with blocking. This is the stole drying on the blocking board.  My version is this interlocking foam puzzle with blocking wires and many T-pins to hold it in place on the foam.
It dried really fast, so I had to give it several sprays with the water bottle.










It is difficult to see the texture change as much as you can feel it. It is less "puffy" with more discrete stitches and the lace "holes" are more open and obvious. It is also longer after blocking . . . my stole is at least 10 inches longer after blocking today. Total about 64 inches long.
The cast on in the pattern calls for 50 stitches. I cast on 75 to make more like a wrap than a scarf.














So what's next you ask???
Check out this beautiful softness from Tess' Designer Yarns. I purchased these 3 skeins of this hand-dyed Angora and Merino at Stitches South in 2009. It seemed I must use it before starting on stuff I got in 2010.









This is the humble beginnings of a poncho-wrap for Baby Annette - who will be a toddler by winter!
It is from a pattern from the Tess website. This is a beautiful website just to explore. The  rainbow of colors is lovely to behold.  This yarn is so soft . . . I think I will have a difficult time putting this project down. I expect it to go very fast. . . More pictures to come!! 







No comments: