Sunday, January 24, 2010

NORO Striped Scarf

I think I've mentioned here before that I like to knit "in color". I just love a bright contrasting kaleidoscope and Noro Yarn is generally a great experience in its visual effects.



I started making this simple, but brightly colored scarf for Sister Cathy before Christmas. Life is busy ; lo it has taken too long to finish it!



I found the idea for this scarf on Jared Flood's blog: Brooklyn Tweed. It is a simple 1 x 1 rib pattern. (K1,P1 through every row using 2 colorways of fiber. Change colorways every 2 rows. The edge is very neat if you slip the first and last stitch of every other row - i.e., row number 2 of every color change.)

  I used Noro Kureyon for this scarf in colorways 102, 74, and 220.




I love watching the different color combinations emerge!





I hope someone else will enjoy this quick knit!!



No comments: